“Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” George Bernard Shaw
- From the inside out, stop eating bad food. We all know the fast-food guilty pleasure and is cost-effective. We also know that fast food is terrible for you. Junk food, processed food, sugar, animal fat, fried food, packaged food, take a moment and eat right. When we can connect to good fresh food, we feel better, lose weight, sleep better, have more energy. I am cutting out cheese, trying to incorporate more vegan meals. It is not hard to do. The pandemic brought out some bad habits as alcohol sales skyrocketed. Time to turn around the train, this is our new now. Your body needs good fuel. Change your diet, change your life.
- Weed out, toxic people: fewer friends and less social media. Connect with what and who is most important. Know your creative outlet and the people that encourage you to grow. Only spend time with people that add to your life. If you are trying to make others happy, you might want to retire from that position? Happiness is ultimately up to them; work on yourself. You are who you hang out with; make sure those people move forward in a positive direction and want the best for you.
- Stop the negative thought cycle. If your words land on complaining and whining, don’t be a broken record. It is up to you to fix it. This inside job is with your attitude. Change your thoughts into gratitude. Focus on what is going well, shine a light on your blessings. A shift to living your best life will occur. Your thoughts become your words; your words become your actions; your actions become your history. Write your story to be filled with personal success.
- Change your love story. If you moan about no good men, or that you are too old to find a man, too fat, all men want is a young hottie. If this is your story, stop. Find love, be love, know that love is out there. Love yourself, know yourself, represent yourself with genuine sincerity. Work on love; even if you are in a lasting marriage, you can still make some loving efforts. Love is not guaranteed unless you start with yourself. Fall madly in love with you, and that light will bring you that partner.
- Change your lazy habits. Watch less tv. This time of year; is a great time to move forward. Keep moving. The weather outside may keep you inside, but don’t be on a couch. Do an online yoga class. Read a book. Clean closets. Cook healthy food, live from the inside out. Write down all you are grateful for. Take an online course that you have been putting off. I love to paint, time to finish what I started.
- Communication. Do away with negative talk. It breads more negativity. My husband had to Paypal me every time he let the f-bomb slip, big fun. It made him realize how much he relied on that word to vent. Be strong and forward with your words. Words are the mirror of your thoughts. Word can be a powerful tool to love. The most heartfelt way to communicate is to listen. I mean with your whole being. Give the person speaking to you grace to express what they need to. Since you’ve woven out toxic people, you are talking to someone that counts. If you are listening to a total stranger, they matter too. If you can actively listen, you are an excellent communicator.
My Mantra: “Changes happen with decisions we chose to follow”
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
Join Sex•Love•Mantra Newsletter!
Monthly Dating Stories and Advice
Thank you for your continued love and support